Saturday, January 25, 2014

2014 Giant Revel 29er "do it all bicycle"


*
Frame> ALUXX - Grade Aluminum
Fork> SR Suntour XCT V4, 80mm
Crankset> SR Suntour NEX, 24/34/42t
Cassette> SRAM PG830, 11x32t, 8-speed
Derailleur's> Shimano Alivio
Hubs> Formula
Rims> Giant Alloy, double wall
Tires> Giant Sport, 29x2.1"
Brakes> Tektro Novel, Mechanical Disc
Saddle> Giant Connect Upright
Price> An extremely reasonable $550.00!
**
Fact one: I love the bicycle as much as anyone but I've never had the means or wants for that matter to spend thousands of dollars on any particular make or model of  the "worlds nobelist invention." Which brings me to one of my favorite things about cycling. You don't have to spend thousands of dollars to own a dependable, fun to ride bike.
Fact two: I didn't start mountain biking until the age of 45 so my definition of "mountain biking" isn't flying over jumps and tearing down single tracks at 25 mph. My definition of mountain biking is more like  "the gently rolling over of dirt and gravel at comfortable yet exhilarating speeds." Actually I have as much, (or more) fun riding across town on my way to to my local bike trails as I do do on the actual  bike trails themselves. Which is why in my opinion, the Revel 29er is the best example of a quality built, entry level,  "do it all bicycle" on the market today.
The Revel 29er is a bike that's built as much for rolling down Cassell Drive as it is gently rolling over my local single track. Or more so.
***
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-IN/

No comments: