Saturday, April 21, 2012

2012 Charge Cooker Rigid 29'er

 
***
Frame> Tange Infinity, seamless, double butted cro-mo
Fork> Tange Infinity Rigid 29er
Crankset> Suntour XCT-V2 T302, 42/32/22t
Derailleur's> Shimano Altus
Hubs> Formula
Rims> Alex SX-44, 29", doublewall
Tires> Kenda Kwest 2.1x29"
Brakes> Tektro Novela mechanical disc
Saddle> Charge Spoon
Price> around $1100.00
***
Charge Bikes - http://www.chargebikes.com/
*
Performance Bikes is now a  U.S. distributor for the (British) Charge Bicycle Company. I didn't see this particular bike (Cooker Rigid) on the Performance Bike web-site but it might be a model one can order through Performance Bike. It sells for around 700 British pounds or $1100.00. A little pricey but not crazy pricey in my opinion. The entry level Shimano Altus derailleur did throw me a little for a $1100.00 bike, steel framed as it may be. The price of a Shimano Deore derailleur up-grade is right around $80.00 last I checked. So basically what I'm saying is, I'm not sure if this bike is available in the United States but I love it and thought I would pass it on.


S. Monkey

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

diamondback bike reviews said...

This is a dream bike. I love the specs. It's what's in my list last Christmas. How much is the total cost?

Screaming Monkey Bike said...

$1100.00 Diamondback Bike Reviews. I know... I love this bike too. So simple.