Saturday, November 26, 2011

2012 Trek 7.1 FX

***
Frame> Alpha Silver Aluminum
Fork> High-tensile steel
Crankset> Shimano M171, 48/38/28
Derailleur's> (F) Shimano Tourney / (R) Shimano Acera
Hubs> Alloy
Rims> Bontrager 750, doublewall, alloy
Tires> Bontrager H2, 700x35c
Brakes> Tektro, alloy, linear-pull, w/Shimano EF51 adjuster reach levers
Saddle> Bontrager SSR
Price> around $450.00
***
When I realized that I was not young enough anymore (too old) to ride my mountain bike 20 miles each day to work I began looking for a solid commuter bike that would give me a good ride while also supporting my svelte, 240lbs. frame. Even though I (and the Mrs.) had more money budgeted for a new bike, I still wound up with a 2011 Trek FX 7.1 and I couldn't be happier. A dependable commuter, able to withstand mega-miles while also being self-assured enough that I don't have to worry about it sitting out in the rain some days. It turned out to be the perfect bicycle for me.
***
Trek Bikeshttp://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/worldwide



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: